Thursday, February 16, 2012

What career (and college major) should I go into?

I'm at a loss. I've wracked my brain for 4 years on what I want to be. I think I'm a jack of all trades (Not that I'll be great at everything, but that I'll find the fun in any job. I mean, I worked at McDonalds for two years, and am still sane.)



Right now I'm in school for Interactive Multimedia. I'm really not sure if this job is right for me. I've taken Computer Programming I, IT Fundamentals (Learning how to use Microsoft Office), and Object Oriented Programming. I know my path is already starting for a computer major, but only being three classes, it can easily be written off as electives.



What I'm really asking for is suggestions, with some information backing them up. Obviously you can tell I am a creative mind because of the multimedia interest, but one thing that has always been a great interest to me was Science. I love science, any and all forms of it.



Some interests to consider is:



Science

Creativity

Social Work (People Interactions)



Some things I'm shying away from are stuff like office jobs, or kinda...Out of the spotlight. It sounds a little smug, but I'd like the idea of a career that you can really brag about.



Like I said, I'm just looking for answers. We start scheduling new classes for the next quarter this week, and I have become desperate enough to go to Yahoo! Answers to try to find a new major. That shows enough to say that Multimedia isn't exactly my thing,What career (and college major) should I go into?
you ever consider becoming a science teacher??? involves all the 3 things you are interested in... you could major in something like biology or chemistry. then get a credential.. or you could go the liberal arts route with the required science classes..What career (and college major) should I go into?
Try becoming a scientist(chemist, biologist, physicist, etc.) and major in your preferred course. Or opt to have a degree in the applied sciences e.g.engineering, medicine.

I also don't like office work and science fascinates me too. I'm planning to take pilot training courses after I graduate in my 5-year program. Being an airline pilot might also interest you. It's all up to you. What career (and college major) should I go into?
you should be an embedded software engineer and make video games for Nintendo or Microsoft. Get a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.



Good Luck!!! What career (and college major) should I go into?
Science, creativity, and social interaction? How about becoming a science teacher?
Follow your passion. Go into what interests you most. Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment